Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tattoo

All this while I look at Gen2 and think that it's a good looking car. All the lines and curves blend to make it look sporty. From the black headlamp bezels to the black and red leather interior to the spoiler and humming exhaust note, it's just a good looking car. But being all black here black there, the side profile seems one toned. Everything's black except for the rims. Because of that, I've always wanted to make it look like it's more aggresive sibling;
(the Gen2 R3)

Started to search high and low for the right stickers and the right shop. Looked from forums to online marketplaces. All seems so nice and might look well on the car. And the price are kinda affordable. Everything was 'researched'..from the R3 badges, to the stripe, to the windscreen sticker and MME sticker. In the end, found the place where they originals originated from!

So, off I went to;

Located at Lot.6 and 8, Jalan PJS 7/19, Bandar Sunway, 46150, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. It's the shop to be at when it comes to getting stickers of the R3 cars, because they are the official supplier to them. When I got there, I met the man himself, Remus Chang to get more opinion on what stickers to get for my car.

So, we chit chatted and browsed the picture catalog for like almost 3 hours and in the end, cannot decide what goes well. Since they supply the full set of stickers to Proton for the R3, he said that he can do that for me. But I don't want my car to be another R3 imitation, I just like the R3 side stripe coz it'll make the side less plain and make it sporty. But after being told it costs RM200, I think it's not really necessary (might as well get a K&N filter first).

In the end I just went back with so many ideas of the cheaper alternatives offered by him. While I was having a headache trying to figure out what to stick and what not, the CPS Club crew informed that there will be a standard group logo. So, being a member, decided to go back to motorsport playground to get a quote for the group sticker.

After another round of long chat, can't really decide how to incorporate the logo to the car other than the one on the windscreen as per standardised by all club members. So, Remus suggested that why not make a sample to see how it fit on the car. I wanted the red metallic colour to match the red hints on the interior, but...what happened after that;

(Cut the stickers out)

(Then transfer it to the sticking sheet)

(Clean the area)

(Use a tape as a guide)

(Then stick the sticker on)

And the results are;



A nice noticeable 'tattoo' courtesey of the club 'chairman', R.Y.D.E.C.K. Thanx to his hard work and dedication to the club that a nice identity is created. So now, Gen2 is now part of a smaller 'family' and have some relatives to hang out with. Oh, it turned to chrome after some 'consultation' from my dear dear. In the end, girls do have better taste when it comes to style.

No comments:

Post a Comment